[cabfcert_policy] Policy Review Meeting

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Wed Nov 5 22:13:20 MST 2014

Just a reminder that we're having the Policy Review Working Committee call
at 1500 UTC.

Dial-in Info is:

Access Code: 373-2280

Toll: +1 (805) 309-2350

Toll-Free: +1 (800) 309-2350

sip:bridge at turbobridge.com

https://turbobridge.com/skype.html

https://turbobridge.com/international.html

Here are the notes from our last call, which w we can go during this call.

Ben

CP WG notes October 23, 2014.

Attending: Dean, Jeremy, Robin, Kelvin, Ben

.        The group decided to concentrate on the operational guidelines, the
3647 conversion and filling in where we are lacking compared to the NIST IR
and other policies.

.        Ben created a spreadsheet for various assignments and sent it out
Oct 9th and people are signing up for that.

.        All of Don's suggestions were considered when drafting the
document, so the group decided to leave the Network Security Guidelines as
is. We just need to let people know of certain things. Ben will work on a
summary.

.        Make the rest of the assignments, create an updated table, and then
have people report back as they complete sections. Ben is using the Bugzilla
site. We can maintain a list that gets circulated by the WG. Make sure that
this list gets circulated to this list, it will set the agenda and let
people know where they are at.  Ben will add a column that people can say
what call they think they will have their stuff on, so they can present on
that call.

.        Action Item:  Ben will create a Wiki page for the working groups
and add this one.

.        Ben will chair this Working Group in the future.

.        We need to get more volunteers. See what's already in place in ETSI
and WebTrust.  Make it more CA specific.

.        Jeremy will work as Scribe to track one document. Name of doc,
year- month- day.

.        Action Item:  Dean will send an email to Andy at NIST to see when
they are going to come out with their version.

.        Members of the Federal CPWG were saying that they would like better
coordination with the industry on acceptable practices.  This arose during
discussion by the Federal CPWG about consistent use of EKUs during mapping
of the Transglobal Secure Collaboration Participation Bridge CP,  and in
context of several other Issues, such as the pre-generation of CRLs by
offline roots.  Ben can act as liaison with Wendy Brown to push towards
better communication in that direction.