[cabf_netsec] New (very draft ballots) discussion documents

Neil Dunbar ndunbar at trustcorsystems.com
Tue Mar 30 16:59:45 UTC 2021

All,

I'm just beginning to prepare a set of ballots regarding file system
monitoring as well as patch management.

The discussion documents are:

[Patching]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/150nnEP93eNvu-bKe2W6t5x_LCMIADplRI0k9HKv-0a8/edit?resourcekey=0-AYKYS_MN9Gl-KDzobcM4JA#

[File System Monitoring]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xaCrQkfSmAWaE_R2ebM45_bqSr1IwJyZur9bJWViP3s/edit?resourcekey=0-MKiDHS2ouKA0_3NEMfwZkg#

If any of you good folks have the time to take a look and suggest
improvements, I'd be more than happy to incorporate them.

For patching: should we exempt air gapped systems, given that exploiting
vulnerabilities is exponentially harder? I have exempted them from file
system monitoring, since it's silly for air gapped systems.

Thoughts welcome,

Neil