[cabf_netsec] SC28 and Certificate Profile changes

Ben Wilson bwilson at mozilla.com
Wed Jun 3 09:53:21 MST 2020

You're right - "certificate profiles" are too vague to be of use unless
they're defined as the code used to create the certificates. The problem
arises because the "profile" is usually embodied in a series of documents
and code that makes its way through a human approval process and one little
oversight goes unnoticed. I've seen it happen 10 times or more in my
career.  Not sure how to define it, though.