[cabf_netsec] SC20 and Adversarial Interpretation

Neil Dunbar ndunbar at trustcorsystems.com
Mon Feb 3 13:00:15 MST 2020

Ryan has added some comments to
https://github.com/neildunbar/documents/pull/1

If folks would be good enough to take a look, perhaps we can tighten up
the language. My initial feelings are that retitling "configuration
change" to "modification" might just be a distinction without a
difference. In other words, I'm not sure this particularly protects
against the perverse interpretation; just because something is called a
"change management process" doesn't automatically create a special
meaning of the word "change", but prevent a special meaning of
"modification".

Regarding the capitalisation of Change Management Process - I wonder if
defining it is just creating a rod for our own backs? I think it would
be easier to simply lowercase the term, and let the CAs define their
processes to their auditors.

But that's just my initial feeling - I might well shift as I think on it
some more.

Cheers,

Neil