[cabf_netsec] VLANs

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Thu Oct 17 08:31:12 MST 2019

Apologies in advance for cross-posting

We can make sections 1.d. and 1.e. of the Network and Certificate Systems
Security Requirements a lot more clear if we can replace "Secure Zones" with
two separate definitions - one for the logical zone / network (topic of this
email) and another for the physical location of equipment. (Current
definition is "Secure Zone:  An area (physical or logical) protected by
physical and logical controls that appropriately protect the
confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Certificate Systems.")

As mentioned on today's Server Certificate group call, I'd like for the
Network Security subgroup to consider incorporating the concept of VLANs
(or, if not, a high-level reference to other current concepts of segmenting
logical network space) into a new definition of logical zones.  See -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_LAN .