[cabf_netsec] Passwords

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Tue Feb 27 14:57:58 MST 2018

As stated on the previous call, I probably will not be able to attend this
week's call, as I am at another standards meeting.

However, attached please find a version of our latest draft that only has
the MFA/password changes.  Please double-check it and comment on what
additional work (if any) is necessary before it gets turned into a ballot.

I did add an item that we haven't discussed previously: recommending that
password policies follow the guidance of NIST 800-63B Appendix A (mostly
intended to guide people away from misguided complexity requirements), and a
requirement that password replacement policies be at least two years, to
prevent people from doing stupid things because of overly frequent
rotations.

-Tim