[Infrastructure] Minutes of 7-September-2022 Meeting

Wayne Thayer wthayer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:24:56 UTC 2022

 Infrastructure Subcommittee Meeting 7-September 2022

*Attendees: Dean Coclin (DigiCert), Mike Guenther (SwissSign), Tim
Hollebeek (DigiCert), Martijn Katerbarg (Sectigo), Jos Purvis (Fastly),
Wayne Thayer (Fastly), Ben Wilson (Mozilla)*

*Minutes of the prior meeting were approved. 1. Membership toolsThe new
system is up and running. Martijn announced it via an email to the
management list. He said that he had not received any complaints so
far.Martijn said that he would like to get the WebEx integration up and
running. It appears to require a license we don’t have. Jos will ask Cisco
if they will grant us this license.A few other minor improvements are on
deck: remove email address from password reset emails, quorum calculations,
and multi-factor authentication.Dean asked what the cutover plan is for the
new system? Jos said we should stop using the old one, and individual
Chairs can decide when to do so.Wayne said that he maintains the sheet and
would like a deadline to stop maintaining it. He proposed the end of the
month and it was agreed that we will ask all working groups to switch to
the new tool by Oct 1 and will set the current spreadsheet to read only at
that time.It was agreed that the new tool would be used for attendance at
next Thursday’s Forum Call, with committee members available to assist
Dean.Mike asked if ballots would now be handled in the tool and Jos said
that voting would be tabulated in the new system instead of a spreadsheet.
Ben clarified that voting will still happen via the mailing lists.Mike also
asked if mailing lists could be accessed via the tool. Jos said that
integration with mailman requires a tricky version upgrade. Mike asked if
we could just link to the lists to make it easier for members to access
them.Martijn asked if mailman is running in a separate VM and Jos said yes.
Martijn suggested that we replicate the VM and try upgrading mailman on the
copy.Jos said that administrative emails (e.g. DKIM reports) are currently
going to a local mailbox due to restrictions on forwarding them. We can
open up IMAP access if folks want to view them. Wayne suggested instead
writing up directions on how to access the mailbox by ssh to the box and
running pine or some other text mail client when someone needs to
troubleshoot a mail issue. 1. WebsiteBen said that he still needs to
schedule a time to update PHP on the website.Meeting adjourned.*