[Infrastructure] Separate GitHub Repositories for Each Working Group

Jos Purvis (jopurvis) jopurvis at cisco.com
Thu Sep 10 08:31:18 MST 2020

One question that came up in our discussion was how frequently anyone refers back to the old branches or changes that are part of the git history for /documents. Obviously the more recent changes are sometimes still relevant, but I’ve yet to find anyone deep-referencing something from the 100-branch of the ballot history for the BRs. And if someone wanted to do that, the history would all still be there under /documents, unchanged, and you could even git-compare /documents/docs/BR.md (or a historical version of it) with /scwg/docs/BR.md, no?

I guess I’m wondering how much effort to spend focusing on preserving that history in each of the document trees vs. creating each new WG tree clean and letting /documents become /archive and retain that history for reference.

--
Jos Purvis (jopurvis at cisco.com)
.:|:.:|:. cisco systems | Cryptographic Services