[Infrastructure] Separate GitHub Repositories for Each Working Group

Jos Purvis (jopurvis) jopurvis at cisco.com
Tue Sep 1 08:19:25 MST 2020

Apologies about the meeting issues; I posted to the list and Slack about using my personal room instead for both cases, but I know email distribution can take some time. If we haven’t fixed the problem by next Monday, I’ll formally change the meeting invite to my personal Webex room until we can straighten things out.

Ryan> As I wasn't able to make the call, I'm not sure what was discussed for cabforum/documents - is that being renamed to that it will automatically redirect? I think we should, and should to servercert rather than forum, but that wasn't clear.

I don’t think we quite decided what to do with /documents, but moving it to /scwg makes sense. The proposal was to create each repo by checking out /documents and then checking it in to each directory (so git pull /documents then git push /smcwg, e.g.), so that each new repo inherits the git history of the original. Maybe that’s extra overhead?

Sounds like it’s ripe for discussion next week! I’ll make sure to straighten out the meeting issues by then (one way or another) so everyone can be on. 😊

--
Jos Purvis (jopurvis at cisco.com)
.:|:.:|:. cisco systems | Cryptographic Services