[Infrastructure] [DRAFT] 2020-03-11 Infrastructure Subcommittee Minutes

Jos Purvis (jopurvis) jopurvis at cisco.com
Wed Mar 11 09:33:53 MST 2020

2020-Mar-11 Infrastructure Subcommittee Meeting

Present: Daniela Hood, Jos Purvis, Ryan Sleevi, Wayne Thayer, Ben Wilson, Dimitris Zacharopoulos

Reading Of Ye High And Sacred Anti-Trust Statement, Oyez
Website and Mailing List Migration
Website Migration:
Daniela: Travis says they're working a huge project through the end of the month and they're absorbed.

                        Jos: Will circle back beginning of April and see how to schedule this.

            Mailer update: Trev says yes, we're a go, can turn over to GoDaddy later this week for testing.
Revival of SC26
Update from Jos looks good

            Wayne: In general, if you come first, they have to deal with you not you with them

            Dimitris: SC29 has started discussion, so we're good. Review period for SC27 is open, but block covers it, so we're golden

            Ryan can endorse, and so can Dimitris

            Ryan: Titled links are an example of something that's inconsistent in the markdown but could probably use some work to resolve. Perhaps a common approach - style guide?

            Jos: Yes, a style guide would be a good idea.

            Ryan: I was thinking about stuff like 'how do we refer to certificate extensions' for consistency's sake.

            AI: Jos and Ryan to draft initial style guide based on SC26 and forthcoming ‘Update BRs for Consistency’ ballot
Any infra notes from Bratislava
Etherpad worked as a format, but connectivity was an issue - depends on everyone having Internet. Remote participation was difficult as well due to Internet connectivity at the site.

            Dimitris: We have to depend on upstream connections for remote as well as Etherpad. We should consider as a working group what the right solution is.

            Jos: Without a budget, we don't have a 5G modem or similar bring-your-own Internet solution.

            Dimitris: We can offer just dial-in for remote participants and all we need is a speakerphone, with cloud recordings for meetings.

            Wayne: I agree, having a fallback for remote participation like an omni mic and a dial-in (even from cell phone) would help. Doesn't solve the Etherpad problem, but would resolve remote participation.

            Dimitris: Fallback for Etherpad is to use local notebooks, it's a nice-to-have; remote participation is the key.

            Wayne: Yep. My experience was that Etherpad was nigh-unusable due to the site connection.

            Dimitris: Which worked OK, since people fell back to local notes and then uploaded. Within three days, we had 90% of the minutes in place and uploaded.

            AI: Need fallback solution for remote participation (otherwise we're in good shape)
Other New Business
Brief discussion around June meeting

                        - Dimitris/Dean/Wayne should have conversations with OATI about June – not an Infra subcommittee problem to solve at all

                        Ryan: Need to have some figuring about remote-participation tools and viability of them—we need to be able to tell people if having the whole meeting remote is an option or not

                        Jos: We need to check on licenses in our account and ability to do 'event-style' meetings; this may be more possible right now due to COVID allowances.

                        AI: Jos to check on WebEx licenses; Dimitris/Wayne/Dean to have conversations with OATI about June meeting outside of Infra work

            Hackathon Notes:
Need to add the pull request process to the redline process doc
Set up to automatically create binary PDF/docx
Look at automatically creating redline binaries; create them manually until then
Once process is added to redline process, ensure it works for at least one ballot and then declare bankruptcy and eliminate old branches.


Jos Purvis (jopurvis at cisco.com)
.:|:.:|:. cisco systems  | Cryptographic Services
PGP: 0xFD802FEE07D19105  | +1 919.991.9114 (desk)


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://cabforum.org/pipermail/infrastructure/attachments/20200311/f07ae0b7/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 3699 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cabforum.org/pipermail/infrastructure/attachments/20200311/f07ae0b7/attachment-0001.p7s>

More information about the Infrastructure mailing list