[Infrastructure] GitHub Instructions

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed Jun 24 17:06:44 MST 2020

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 5:45 PM Ben Wilson <bwilson at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Here is another question. If I am going to have a ballot that amends both
> the BRs and the NCSSRs, should I create one branch or two branches?

As part of the same ballot? You can do this in one branch. That's what the
Browser Alignment and the Cleanups & Clarifications ballots are doing -
they're touching the BRGs and the EVGs in a single branch, at the same time.

In general, you can think of it as "branch == ballot" :)

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 3:06 PM Ben Wilson <bwilson at mozilla.com> wrote:

>> On GitHub, I can't remember what I did, but I may have cloned the
>> cabforum repository. If I did that rather than just fork the master branch,
>> is that why I have copies of all the branches that were in the cabforum
>> repository?

Yes. That's the standard process, is that a "clone" of a repository will
include that repository (and all of its branches). Hence the usefulness in
cleaning up branches :)