[Infrastructure] GitHub Branch Cleanup

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed Feb 5 15:54:37 MST 2020

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 10:06 AM Ryan Sleevi <sleevi at google.com> wrote:

> That said, going forward, I agree we've got options and can do better here
> :)

Dimitris: Here's an example (attached) of
https://github.com/cabforum/documents/pull/158

Is the idea that folks would attach these patch files?

In this PR's example, there are several merges from re-integrating master,
leading to the correct response to be a "squash and merge". One possible
path forward is:
1) Create a branch on cabforum/documents (e.g. call this branch "SC27")
2) Squash and merge from Wayne's branch *into the SC27 branch*
3) That will create a single commit, which we can then download as a
'clean' patch/red line against the current master

If you'd like to see what that looks like, let me know, and I'll perform
the steps to do that.