[Infrastructure] Meeting Minutes / Etherpad

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon Nov 11 08:09:11 MST 2019

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 12:06 AM Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) <
dzacharo at harica.gr> wrote:

> I am not comfortable with "requiring" minute-takers to use Etherpad. A
> minute-taker could choose to use a paper notepad. Most people will prefer
> the collaborating real-time tool as suggested.

Could you explain why? We've already seen significant issues with the
minutes *not* done in Etherpad in our most recent F2F?

While it sounds like you're in agreement for the follow-up, I don't think
there's a clear understanding about your discomfort or how to address it,
especially in light of the issues we've seen and continue to see. The
alternative seemingly being presented is just to ignore those issues, and
that seems like a real detriment.