[Infrastructure] Hackathon notes
jimmy at it.auth.gr
Sat Mar 16 20:52:23 MST 2019
On Thursday March 14th, after the end of the regular CA/B Forum
sessions, we had a short hands-on session in an attempt to improve the
automated output from Markdown to HTML/PDF. It was a very educative
session in which Ryan went over the internals of the build process.
The currently produced PDF is fairly good but could use some
improvements as listed below:
* Cover page
* Table of Contents that might include page numbers. We already added
a ToC but due to the fact that an html version is created first, it
is not very trivial to include page numbers in an html document
* Section 7.1.2 is using 6 levels down creating a problem that
displays "boxes" around that text. This should probably be corrected
in the BRs.
* Add a .docx extension by creating a symlink or copying the .html to
* Use monospace for pseudocode (not critical)
We also talked about the following:
* Release tagging per stable version of the documents. Pull requests
will be maintained but intermediate branches can be deleted after
the pull request is merged to master.
* There is a need for automatically produced HTML diff to create PDF
* If we allow (in the future) only a diff to be included in a ballot,
the external link that will point to a red-line must be immutable
and must not allow future commits to alter the ballot.
I think once we complete these improvements we will be in a much better
position to propose specific change procedures to certain documents that
utilize GitHub as the canonical version.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Infrastructure