[cabf_governance] Ballot 206

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Tue Mar 27 14:54:01 MST 2018

Here’s what Bylaw 2.3 (c) and (d) say now.  So yes, the proposer (Virginia) shoots the starter’s pistol and reposts the final ballot to start the voting period.  I guess that’s any time after 9 pm Pacific tonight?  Has to be 7 full days after the last posted version with any changes…

(c)  A representative of any Member can call for a proposed ballot to be published for discussion and comment by the membership. ** The discussion period then shall take place for at least seven calendar days before votes are cast. At any time, a new version of the ballot (marked with a distinguishing version number) may be posted by the proposer in the same manner as the original.

Once no new version of the ballot has been posted for seven calendar days, the proposer may end the discussion period and start the voting period by reposting the final version of the ballot and clearly indicating that voting is to begin, along with the start and end dates and times (including time zone) for the voting period. The ballot automatically fails if 21 calendar days elapse since the proposer last posted a version of the ballot and the voting period has not been started.

(d)  Upon commencement of the voting period, Members shall have exactly seven calendar days for voting, with the deadline clearly communicated in the ballot and sent via the Public Mail List. All voting will take place via the Public Mail List. Votes not submitted to the Public Mail List will not be considered valid, and will not be counted for any purpose.