[cabf_governance] Draft email on new Server Certificate Working Group for editing

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Sat Jun 30 16:12:09 MST 2018

To make sure I understand: you are proposing that July 3 is the deadline for signing the IPRA v1.3 agreement, but if a Member or Associate Member doesn’t do that, they keep their membership status another 60 days?

I had thought we agreed that after July 3, a non-signing Member dropped to Associate Member status, and a non-signing Associate Member lost all status.

Can you explain again why we would give another 60 day grace period?

If you are just saying “Give them 60 days to declare their participation”, do we really need that?  If MegaCA is on the first SCWG call on July 12 but has not previously declared, why don’t we just treat their being on the call as their declaration, and add them to the list?  (We can make sure by asking them on the call if they are choosing to participate.)  If they are not on the July 12 call we can say they are not yet participants, but they can declare at any time after that and gain voting, etc. rights immediately.