[cabf_governance] On elections

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Fri Jun 29 04:18:54 MST 2018

I agree with Kirk that the best and least controversial strategy is to use
the existing CABF election rules for the SC WG.  In general, one of the
guiding principles of governance reform has been "don't make unnecessary
changes".  I think that means that SC WG should have a chair and vice chair,
too.  At least at first, it should essentially be a cloned baby of the CABF
in as many ways as makes sense.  They can diverge over time as needs change.

I think we should codify that in a SC1 ballot.  It would be good if we could
get SC WG elections started ASAP so that they can finish before CABF
elections start.

It isn't too early to for someone to propose draft text to get things
moving.

-Tim