[cabf_governance] ballot preso

Virginia Fournier vfournier at apple.com
Tue Feb 27 12:43:07 MST 2018

Hi Dean,

If you’d like to prepare 2  slides that summarize the original ballot, then how the goals were accomplished, we can add them to the deck.  I think they should go together rather than having one at the beginning and one at the end.  This ballot is already pretty complicated, and we need to be careful about not making it even more challenging to understand.

We also should be careful about not raising some of the issues the WG discussed and dismissed, to avoid rat-hole discussions that detract focus from what we’re trying to accomplish.  For example, questions like these would not be helpful during the tutorial discussion:  "Why isn’t there an extensive written report?”  "Why aren’t we incorporating CAB Forum?”  "What does “representation of others in Forum issues” mean, and what did the working group do to address that?”  “Can we talk about the admin functions and what they are?” Etc.  The bottom line is that this is what the Governance WG is proposing, and members have had ample time to object and submit comments and questions.  We need to move forward.

Does that make sense?

Best regards,

Virginia Fournier
Senior Standards Counsel