[cabf_governance] Ballot 206

Virginia Fournier vfournier at apple.com
Thu Nov 30 17:11:55 MST 2017

Would someone please resend me the new invites with the new time/numbers?  The ones on my calendar are not showing the correct info.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Virginia Fournier
Senior Standards Counsel
 Apple Inc.
☏ 669-227-9595
✉︎ vmf at apple.com <mailto:vmf at apple.com>

On Nov 30, 2017, at 2:15 PM, Dean Coclin <Dean_Coclin at symantec.com> wrote:

The current voting structure was put in place for the current forum. With the proposed changes, it makes no sense to me. If Apple and others feel that it does, it’s not too much to ask to explain why. The new ballot shifts the decisions to the working group where the voting structure is decided. And that voting structure will most likely mirror the current Forum voting structure.

If the Forum level is only voting on creating working groups and admin matters, why should there be a bifurcation?

On today’s CABF call we discussed the status of the ballot and Kirk made the recommendation that we clean up things that won’t be controversial and hold off on things that might cause excitement. Therefore, I’ll reluctantly agree to move this issue aside for now.

Dean
  <>