[cabf_governance] Ballot 206 comments

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Nov 2 07:42:31 MST 2017

On 02/11/17 13:29, Dean Coclin wrote:
> Yes, but I wasn't referring to security by obscurity. Rather, threats
> and bugs get disclosed to manufacturers all the time before they are
> made public. These are the type of things one would not want on a
> public list.

But that is the situation now with respect to the BRs, for example, and
yet we seem to manage while having a transparency requirement.

I am not saying there should be no private communication, but that the
default modes of communication for a WG are required to be transparent
ones, as is true now.

Gerv