[cabf_governance] Ballot 206 comments

Virginia Fournier vfournier at apple.com
Wed Nov 1 11:29:12 MST 2017

Gerv,

We didn’t want to include a list of “approved methods” in the Bylaws, because then we’d have to amend the Bylaws every time some new communication tool came along that someone wanted to use.

Dean has a good point below regarding use of closed mailing lists - there are times and places where they could be appropriate.

As Dean suggests, I think the way to monitor this is through the charters being proposed to the Forum for approval.  If Forum members don’t like what’s being proposed, they can vote no.  Also, if members are really concerned about making sure they see everything, they should join the WG.

Best regards,

Virginia Fournier
Senior Standards Counsel
 Apple Inc.