[cabf_governance] Draft Minutes of Today's Call

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Wed Mar 1 17:10:30 MST 2017

On the question of whether or not there must be non-CA members on a new WG - as I recall, we thought there could be cases of "if you built it, they will come" where CAs can start a WG and do initial work that is intended to attract other non-CA members.
Also, it's entirely possible that there could be an issue that CAs want to work on but browsers (and other non-CAs) do not - that would be a case where there might NEVER be non-CA members.
I think in earlier discussions we agreed we would try to identify the types of non-CA parties who might want to join in the new WG Charter (just for clarity of purpose), but I don't think WGs should be required to actually have non-CA members so long as they reach out to those they think could make a contribution to the WT (even if they are turned down).