[cabf_governance] Next steps Governance Working Group

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Mon Jun 6 11:57:34 MST 2016

Also, one first step might be to look at the IPR Policy and edit Section 3 so that it is similar to  the W3C patent policy - "As a condition of participating in a Working Group, each CAB Forum Participant shall, subject to Section 4 below, agree to make available under a CAB Forum Royalty-Free (“RF”) License, any Essential Claims related to any CAB Forum Final Guideline or Final Maintenance Guideline."

Then replace the definition of "Participant" in section 8.3.h, which now reads, "all entities and their Affiliates that are members of the CAB Forum."