[Cscwg-public] Final CSCWG Meeting Minutes May 19, 2022

Dean Coclin dean.coclin at digicert.com
Tue Jun 7 15:07:29 UTC 2022

FINAL MINUTES OF CSCWG MEETING MAY 19, 2022

Attendees:

Atsushi Inaba, Bruce Morton, Corey Bonnell, Dean Coclin, Dimitris
Zacharopoulos, Ian McMillan, Inigo Barreira, Joanna Fox, Michael Sykes,
Tomas Gustavsson

Minute-taker: Corey

Dean read the anti-trust statement.

Minutes of the 2022-05-05 meeting were approved.

- CSC-13

This ballot went through IPR and v2.8 has been published with an effective
date of May 9th. The normative changes in the ballot are effective November
15th.

- CSC-14 Voting

Bruce noted that we have already reached quorum.

Inigo noticed a formatting issue on page 38 and 39. It was agreed that we
can fix this presentation issue after approval at the same time we add the
effective date, as it is not a material change. (Minute-taker's note: the
Bylaws actually prohibit this change, so a separate ballot is needed to fix)

- F2F Agenda

Code Signing meeting is Tuesday afternoon at 5 PM Poland time. Currently
slated for 1-hour meeting.

Bruce mentioned that we should discuss incorporating the TLS BR content
directly in the CSBRs. Dimitris said that we have previously agreed to take
on this work and that the next step is to actually create the draft text.
Ian and Bruce volunteered to assist Dimitris with this effort.

Dimitris said his team wanted to discuss timestamping requirements,
specifically the requirement whether the timestamping ICA needs to be
offline or not. Bruce said he'd support a comprehensive timestmaping
"clean-up" ballot that would address this and other points raised recently.

Dimitris raised the discussion on the Root Policy change proposal to
restrict the scope of audit to those timestamp ICAs and responder
certificates to be used for the CSBRs. It was agreed that there needs to be
an additional mechanism beyond the EKU (namely, policy OID) that can
bifurcate the policy as well as provide an indicator to Relying Party
software so it can reject timestamp tokens not signed by an in-scope TSA. It
was further agreed to discuss this specific issue and timestamping as a
whole at the F2F.

Ian suggested we will have a 1.5 hour meeting and there was consensus.

- Amazon Trust Services application

ATS would like to join the CSCWG as an Associate Member. It was raised that
they may qualify for Full Membership status. They have trusted roots in
Windows, so they may be eligible for Full membership. However, they note
that are not actively issuing Code Signing Certificates. For next steps,
Dean will ask Trev to submit their Associate Member application to the
questions mailing list.

- Other business

The 2022-06-02 meeting will be cancelled.

Next meeting is at the F2F.

Meeting adjourned.