[Cscwg-public] FW: Invalidity Date

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Mon Feb 14 11:32:01 UTC 2022

Bruce,

I believe they say that *they do check* the time-stamp signature if the
code signing certificate has expired.

In my understanding, this is clearly communicated by the following
statement:

/"This is not true. Assuming the signature of the signed and timestamped
JAR is still valid then an expired code signing certificate is still
valid as long as the timestamp is within the certificate validity period
of all certificates in the signer's chain."/

What do others think?

Dimitris.