[Cscwg-public] CRL Revocation Date Clarification Pre-Ballot

Rob Stradling rob at sectigo.com
Thu Sep 23 13:45:47 UTC 2021

I agree that there's no rush.  And yes, CAs have done everything right if they've implemented the traditional RFC5280 behaviour and weren't asked by Microsoft to do otherwise.

My primary concern is that I'm super keen for Sectigo's compliance status to stop being reliant on a decade-old private communication from Tom Albertson!  In my view, if Microsoft wants CAs to do something that's contrary to RFC5280, then Microsoft really needs to state this in their public root program policy requirements (either directly by including explicit language, or indirectly by incorporating a CABForum specification that states this).  The public requirements are what our auditors are going to look at and judge us on.