[Cscwg-public] Voting Results: Ballot CSC-11: Update to log data retention
Bruce.Morton at entrust.com
Mon Oct 4 13:02:43 UTC 2021
Voting has closed on CSCWG-11 and the ballot has passed. The results are below:
CAs in favor: Certum (Asseco), DigiCert, eMudhra, Entrust, GlobalSign, HARICA, Sectigo, SecureTrust
Certificate Consumers in favor: Microsoft
The vice chair will commence the IPR review period and update the documentation per the ballot.
From: Cscwg-public <cscwg-public-bounces at cabforum.org<mailto:cscwg-public-bounces at cabforum.org>> On Behalf Of Ian McMillan via Cscwg-public
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2021 7:01 PM
To: cscwg-public at cabforum.org<mailto:cscwg-public at cabforum.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Cscwg-public] Voting Begins: Ballot CSC-11: Update to log data retention
WARNING: This email originated outside of Entrust.
DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.
Purpose of this ballot:
Update the log data and retention of log data requirements in the Baseline Requirement for the Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted Code Signing Certificates v2.5. The following motion has been proposed by Ian McMillan of Microsoft, and endorsed by Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) and Bruce Morton (Entrust).
- MOTION BEGINS -
This ballot updates the “Baseline Requirements for the Issuance and Management of Publicly‐Trusted Code Signing Certificates“ version 2.5 according to the attached redline which includes:
* Update section 15 “Data Records” removing references to [SSL/TLS] Baseline Requirements for this section in totality
* Update section 15 “Data Records” to include sub-section 15.1 “Types of Events Recorded” and describing the requirements for CAs and Third Party Delegates while removing “Signing Services”
* Update section 15 “Data Records” to include sub-section 15.2 “Timestamp Authority Data Records”
* Update section 15.1 to clarify 4(f) for security event logging on Timestamp Authority servers
* Update section 15.1 on 4(d) for security event logging to no longer include “hardware failures”
* Update section 15 “Data Records” to include sub-section 15.3 “Data Retention Period for Audit Logs”
* Update section 15.2 to no longer reference Baseline Requirements section 5.4.3 and defined a specific retention period for CA, subscriber certificate, Timestamp Authority, and security event data records for at least 2 years
- MOTION ENDS -
The procedure for approval of this ballot is as follows:
Discussion (7 days)
Start Time: 2021-09-17, 19:00 Eastern Time (US)
End Time: not before 2021-09-24, 19:00 Eastern Time (US)
Vote for approval (7 days)
Start Time: 2021-09-24, 19:00 Eastern Time (US)
End Time: 2021-10-01, 19:00 Eastern Time (US)
Any email and files/attachments transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this message has been sent to you in error, you must not copy, distribute or disclose of the information it contains. Please notify Entrust immediately and delete the message from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cscwg-public