[Cscwg-public] Small typo

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Wed Mar 31 07:47:57 UTC 2021

On 31/3/2021 10:12 π.μ., Tomas Gustavsson via Cscwg-public wrote:

> How about 140-3 then? 140-3 certifications have started we should
> expect crypto modules with 140-3 appear soonish.

I am sure any auditor would consider 140-3 as "equivalent" or better
than 140-2 but it's better to be explicit.

Does FIPS keep a structure of levels (2, 3, 4) for the 140-3
certifications as they had for the 140-2? If so, the text could be:

"A hardware crypto module with a unit design form factor certified as
conforming to at least FIPS 140-2 Level 2, FIPS 140-3 Level 2, Common
Criteria EAL 4+, or equivalent. "

Dimitris.