[Cscwg-public] [EXTERNAL] Re: Re FIPS tokens supporting RSA 3072

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Wed Mar 17 16:30:35 UTC 2021

Hi Bruce,

I certainly agree that - if the said token is the only device available
on the market meeting the said requirement, as it seems to be the case
-- we should promptly revise the effective date (June 1st, just three
months from now) of the transition to 3072 bits being mandatory for RSA
keys.

If nothing else, because it would be a really bad thing to impose a
requirement that involves sourcing devices from a single possible
supplier, thereby favouring a monopoly. I hope everyone agrees on this
principle.

Adriano