[Cscwg-public] F2F Minutes

Atsushi Inaba atsushi.inaba at globalsign.com
Tue Mar 2 22:44:54 UTC 2021

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for the immediate response.

In my understanding, if some TSA has a long validity TSA

certificate and uses its private key until TSA certificate

expiration,  verifiable duration is getting shorter and shorter.

And furthermore, the risk of key compromise will increase

by using the private key for long time.

The purpose of Timestamp is to provide the capability of

verification of signed object  after the expiration of code

signing certificate for a certain period of time.

So, to accomplish the purpose of timestamp,

following process has been considered.

-TSA certificate has 135 months validity,

-its private key can be used only for 15 months,

-TSA certificate is used only for timestamp verification

after ceasing to use its private key,

-by doing this every year, at least 10 years capability of

timestamp verification can be maintained all the time,

Due to the above reasons, I think that the max 15 months

TSA certificate validity period is too short.

In other words, long validity of TSA certificate and

shortened usage period of its private key would be considered.

Please for give me if my understanding is not correct.

Kind regards,

Atsushi Inaba

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

GMO GlobalSign K.K.

Business Planning

Atsushi Inaba

1-2-3, Dogenzaka, Shibuya Ku, Tokyo, Japan

150-0043

TEL: +81-3-6370-6671

FAX: +81-3-6370-6505

E-MAIL: atsushi.inaba at globalsign.com

URL:https://jp.globalsign.com/

THANK YOU 25 YEARS Internet for Everyone

■ GMO INTERNET GROUP ■ http://www.gmo.jp/

This e-mail message is intended to be conveyed only to the

designated recipient(s). If you are NOT the intended

recipient(s) of this e-mail, please kindly notify the sender

immediately and delete the original message from your system.