[Cscwg-public] Pandocifying and RFC 3647-ing the CSBRs

Corey Bonnell Corey.Bonnell at digicert.com
Fri Jun 25 19:21:58 UTC 2021

Hello,

As we discussed recently, it would be good to start progress on moving our
CSBRs to Pandoc as well as RFC 3647 format. To start, I updated the
code-signing Github repo with integrating the Pandoc tooling support and
added the Markdown RFC 3647 template
(https://github.com/cabforum/code-signing/pull/2). It appears the template
document builds correctly, so I think we're in a good place from a tooling
standpoint to start iterating on the document itself.

I think the next step is to go through the current version of the CSBRs and
transfer content from each section into the appropriate section in the RFC
3647 document. I converted the Word document we currently use to Pandoc to
facilitate this process (it's attached to this email). While some of the
content transfer will be straightforward, I imagine that other sections will
be tricky and non-obvious. Since this effort will likely take a good deal of
time, I don't think we should hold up ballots waiting for this work to
complete.

Given the large scope of work, it would be great to have several people
working on this. Additionally, it would be good to hear if anyone has any
alternative ideas on how we should go about Pandocifying the CSBRs and
moving to RFC 3647 format.

Perhaps we can schedule some time on the next call to discuss further.

Thanks,

Corey