[Cscwg-public] CSCWG Agenda for 16 June 2021

Bruce Morton Bruce.Morton at entrust.com
Fri Jun 18 12:41:32 UTC 2021

Hi Atsushi,

I don’t know if I understand the question, but here is my perspective.

A CA company can issue Non-EV or EV Code Signing certificates. If the CA
company issues Code Signing certificates, then they will also create a CA
which issues Timestamp certificates. Then they can issue a Timestamping
certificate to their TSA. The result is that a Subscriber can sign and
timestamp code and there will be trusted validation paths for both the code
signing and timestamping certificate.

Bruce.