[Cscwg-public] Ballot CSC-7: Update to merge EV and Non-EV clauses

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Thu Jan 7 07:33:17 UTC 2021

Bruce,

Some of my concerns raised in 2020-12-16 are still unaddressed.

14.1 still seems to be a bit ambiguous. It points directly to the EV
Guidelines section 14.1 but does it also apply for Employees that vet
non-EV Code Signing? The answer seems to be "yes" which makes non-EV CS
issuers non-conformant as soon as this becomes effective.

The same applies for 16.2. We need an effective date for non-EV issuers
to migrate to the stronger EV requirements.

I would be fine with any effective date. 2021-06-01 seems to be an
effective date for some changes regarding the key sizes so CAs already
have their attention to this deadline. I suggest we have those two
requirements phased-in for non-EV code signing certificate issuers.

Dimitris.