[Cscwg-public] 3072 timeline - update

Dean Coclin dean.coclin at digicert.com
Thu Dec 3 21:46:46 UTC 2020

Although Ian was not able to join today's call, he supplied me with this
update afterwards:

One thing I did want to share today with GoDaddy in particular regarding the
key length requirement deadline is that the date is not moving in our eyes,
but in speaking with the fine folks on Mike's team (Karina), they have an
opportunity every month to get any new roots or CAs into a CTL update for
Windows. I am hoping this helps reduce challenges GoDaddy has in getting a
hierarchy in place to meet the requirements by June 1, 2021.

For the key protection and high risk requests, I am going to be out of the
office starting next Thursday (12/10) for the remainder of the calendar
year. I plan to have proposed updates to both for ballots in mid-January
2021.

Further discussions on the key topic should continue on this list.

Dean Coclin