[cabf_validation] Adding Support for ACME Scoped DNS Challenges

Aaron Gable aaron at letsencrypt.org
Mon Feb 26 18:31:31 UTC 2024

I concur, I think Option #1 is preferable. Adding a new validation method
with reference to an existing document is a much easier and more
self-contained change to the BRs.

The IETF draft (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-scoped-dns-challenges/)
has just been given a major overhaul and renamed, and the updated version
will be presented at IETF 119 in mid-March. We'll get a really good sense
of whether there will be additional major changes to the document at that
time, so I think it would be appropriate to draft a ballot adding this new
validation method now, but we should probably wait to vote until after that
meeting.

Aaron