[cabf_validation] EVG 9.8.2. cabfOrganizationIdentifier

Clint Wilson clintw at apple.com
Wed Oct 11 20:47:44 UTC 2023

Hi Tim,

I had thought the point of including cabfOrganizationIdentifier was to enable deprecation of subject:organizationIdentifier, rather than the inverse. It seems it would be minimally appropriate to understand the discussions and/or actions ETSI has taken post SC17 to address the topic of adoption of the CABFOrganizationIdentifier (for example, an explanation of why its adoption was rejected or additional background on why it’s unsuited for ETSI’s use-case(s)) prior to considering moving forward with such a ballot.
FWIW, I attempted to find something along those lines, but was unable to (most likely due to insufficient Google-fu, but perhaps such discussions are not public or perhaps they have not occurred).

Thanks!
-Clint