[cabf_validation] Draft minutes of Validation Subcommittee 2023-07-13

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Fri Jul 14 15:28:15 UTC 2023

When we invited experts for the Validation Summit back in 2018, we made them sign the IPR agreement as Interested Parties, and then invited them.  Most of those who wanted to participate already had signed.  There wasn’t actually much outside participation, a lot of people expressed interest but in the end only maybe 2-3 followed through and attended, if I recall correctly.

There actually was a previous effort to get Princeton to sign the IPR agreement back when this all started (so this is the second time we’ve had this conversation…), but at that point it was just an invited talk for researchers to present their research paper, and we typically don’t make invited talks sign the IPR agreement, so we let it slide when it became difficult.  Perhaps we shouldn’t have.

-Tim