[Smcwg-public] Individual email addresses in OV certs

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Mon Sep 18 07:23:35 UTC 2023

Hi Adriano,

IMO it is allowed and supported with the current language. If the
Applicant can demonstrate control of an email address (via the approved
methods) AND can prove the identity (Organization Validation in your
case), the CA can bind all those elements together along with a public
key and produce a Certificate for that Applicant.

Hope this helps.

Dimitris.