[Smcwg-public] Edits made to text re Exttant S/MIME CAs

Stephen Davidson Stephen.Davidson at digicert.com
Thu Jun 22 15:17:19 UTC 2023

Hello all:

Edits made to reflect discussion yesterday:

*	Change Extant SubCA date as existing before the Effective Date of
Sept 1, 2023
*	Drop the audit language as this is a given anyway for Public-trust
*	Modify the backwards compatibility language
*	Fix some references that said "validFrom" to the RFC 5280 term
"notBefore"

As we are close to ballot, I have renamed the draft branch (for those
tracking GitHub)
https://github.com/srdavidson/smime/blob/Ballot-SMC03/SBR.md

A diff of these changes (scroll down) is at
https://github.com/srdavidson/smime/compare/050507d87d8fc1edf71e85ad32f3fd8e
deaeed88...11dc74f6a0ea96fa546fcebc2ca7ba0ef3e3d136

Assuming there are no comments on this text, we'll move to ballot, which
will be endorsed by Sectigo and GlobalSign.

Regards, Stephen