[Smcwg-public] Updated text for CAA

Stephen Davidson Stephen.Davidson at digicert.com
Wed Dec 20 17:36:47 UTC 2023

Hello all:

Following our conversation today, here is updated text for the draft CAA
ballot.  It includes:

*	Removal of RFC 8659 references
Removal in 4.2 of the line prohibiting the use of TLS property tags for
S/MIME
*	Clarification that the contract between the CA and the technically
constrained subCA may drop CAA
*	Two minor fixes of punctuation and spelling

https://github.com/cabforum/smime/compare/5fb2a7ee94d1c5684d5f32af11572e8c10
cd2f8c...1fbbdc8f908e6eba779b4ea0de1cbfd20e156c3a

Again, I'd like to thank all our members for your participation and support
of the SMCWG over the past year.  It was no small task to create a standard
of this size - pulling together a vast array of existing international
practices into an auditable standard for the first time, and seeing its
successful adoption with relatively few reported bumps in implementation.
It's been a pleasure to work with you, and I wish you the best for the
holidays.

Regards, Stephen