[Servercert-wg] EV Certificates through automation / Pre-Authorized Certificate Approver (API)

Bruce Morton Bruce.Morton at entrust.com
Fri Feb 2 21:27:35 UTC 2024

Doug,

I do agree that we need to update the EV Guidelines. They were created with the theme of single, manual certificate requests. There was no consideration for automation. I do think that we should get update understanding of what we want out of EV. I agree with "increased verified organizational information/rules", which would exclude domains and the functions of a certificate approver and due diligence and operations existence ... It should also be certificate type neutral, so the EV standard could be applied to any certificate type.

Bruce.