[Servercert-wg] SC-065: Convert EVGs into RFC 3647 format pre-ballot

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Tue Aug 29 14:59:13 UTC 2023

Yes, exactly.  I would like to see a list that shows that EVG-classic section 1.4 is now in EVG-3647 section 4.1.  Then I can look at where the new text landed, see how the conversion was handled, we can all verify that nothing was lost or left out, etc.

Without that, anyone attempting to review the document is forced to recreate the mapping just to figure out where everything went and that nothing was missed or put in the wrong place.  Redlines are not sufficient when large amounts of text are moving around to different places.

I’m saying this because from my spot-checking, the conversion appears to be pretty good, and I’d like to be able to do a final verification that it’s mostly correct so I can endorse.

-Tim