[Infrastructure] New cabforum.org website

Paul van Brouwershaven Paul.vanBrouwershaven at entrust.com
Mon Jan 29 11:49:01 UTC 2024

Dear Chairs, Vice chairs and Infrastructure Committee,

As discussed during some infrastructure calls and the last forum meeting I have been working on a new, more automated, website:

https://cabforum.github.io/cabforum.org/

The content in this website is written in Markdown and some information is automatically pulled based on tags from other pages, directly from the Member Tools, GitHub content, issues and pull requests, etc.

This includes the automatic publication and update of requirements/guidelines, charters, working group members, etc.

Also ballots in draft, in discussion or IPR or those that have recently passed can be automatically shown based on the labels and status of GitHub pull requests. We do need to agree on the usage of some labels and probably create a pull request template, but this can be done after the new website is live.

The latest releases is based on GitHub releases (only the S/MIME working group is using that currently). I have also been working on an update to the GitHub actions that build our guidelines to improve our release management, also this can be finished after the new website is live.

Instructions

I have created a website chapter on the wiki with some instructions and screenshots on how you can add pages, upload files, etc.:

https://wiki.cabforum.org/books/forum/chapter/website

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this new website and let me know if the instructions are sufficient and clear.

I'm adding all new pages from the old website manually, but I would rather like to spend my time on further improvements and would there like to get your feedback and if there is anything that holds us back from switching to this new website.

Please let me know if you see any issues and if it's ok for you to switch or not!

Paul

Any email and files/attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this message has been sent to you in error, you must not copy, distribute or disclose of the information it contains. Please notify Entrust immediately and delete the message from your system.