[Infrastructure] cabforum.org website with more automation

Paul van Brouwershaven Paul.vanBrouwershaven at entrust.com
Thu Jan 4 20:28:51 UTC 2024

I started to convert the cabforum.org website to Hugo to give us more automation, you can see a preview here:
https://cabforum.github.io/cabforum.org/

  *   The homepage needs some work, currently just listing the latest posts.
     *   The homepage is currently always blue as GitHub does not publish at the root "/" of the domain.
  *   The latest documents are automatically included from GitHub (example, https://cabforum.github.io/cabforum.org/working-groups/smime/latest/)
  *   The document release information is automatically downloaded and included in the sidebar, currently not working as of rate limiting, need to set a GitHub API key, also not all repositories create releases.
  *   The post URLs need to be corrected; this should be a simple config.
  *   I did not copy the dropdown menu's for now, this is quite complicated with pure bootstrap (like you can't have a hover that is also clickable) and want to keep things simple now. This is why I moved the sub menu to the right, only three levels are currently shown in the right menu, I need to make this recursive as we also have four levels.
  *   I re-organized the pages/urls a bit, but included an alias for the original URLs, might need to tune this a bit further and will run a script to update all the URLs in the contents.
  *   Search index is automatically updated on publication.
  *   I will add a query to automatically list all minutes (posts with tag minutes and working group id)
  *   We need to review the site contents for any other errors.
  *
When the member tools can expose information in JSON (i.e., API) we can automatically include that information as well (such as members), the same for ballots (or we can get that information from GitHub issues/pull-requests), we can also query the old Google Sheets.

On the right bottom of each page you will find an edit button, which will bring you to the markdown contents on GitHub.

Some quick instruction are included in the readme of the repository:
https://github.com/cabforum/cabforum.org/tree/main

Let me know if you see any issues not mentioned above or if you have any other suggestions, comments or concerns.

Paul

Any email and files/attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this message has been sent to you in error, you must not copy, distribute or disclose of the information it contains. Please notify Entrust immediately and delete the message from your system.