[Infrastructure] PDF, tables and sizing

Martijn Katerbarg martijn.katerbarg at sectigo.com
Mon Jul 10 13:29:49 UTC 2023

All,

Following up on our discussion from nearly two weeks ago. It seems like our tooling already has support for setting table column widths.

In a little test example, I did the following commit: https://github.com/cabforum/servercert/commit/67113f3b4c59408d3fc9c7384765db0d740ae603

The result of which can be seen in https://github.com/cabforum/servercert/suites/13935462113/artifacts/776011775

The column size has changed. Side-effect in this case however is that a different column does some overflowing, which is less than optimal.

This was a more extreme example, and frankly a pretty extreme example. I’m wondering in if this case the larger text in “Presence” should instead say “See Note X”, with Note X actually containing the desired language.

Besides that, since some tweaking can indeed be done in the tables as is evident, I wonder if there’s an opportunity to allow Forum and WG chairs to make these types of layout-only changes after the official approval of a ballot.

Regards,

Martijn