[Infrastructure] GitHub permissions & RFC 3647 Template

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed Jul 1 09:26:21 MST 2020

Hey Ben,

Not to try and call you out, but I noticed you directly committed
https://github.com/cabforum/documents/commit/1e60f228aefc9dabd20ab3ccd39c295c1b895aec
the master without any form of pull request or review (AFAICT)

That's definitely not ideal, especially because it's unfortunately not
valid markdown.

We currently have branch protections enabled to prevent this, but I think
you may have been able to bypass these protections because we don't have
them enforced for administrators.

I think we should enforce them for administrators (via Settings -> Branches
-> Branch Protection -> Master -> "Include Administrators"). I realize this
may make it harder to make infrastructure-related changes, but that seems
to be a net win, overall. Do other folks agree?