[Cscwg-public] Ballot CSC-??: High Risk Requirements Update

Corey Bonnell Corey.Bonnell at digicert.com
Wed Nov 22 18:42:11 UTC 2023

I’m not sure retaining the clause starting with “A CA identifying a high risk application under this section…” provides much clarity or value. Two reasons:

1.	All other language concerning high risk checks in section 4.2.1 has been struck. The turn of phrase “under this section” implies there are additional requirements defined in this section, but there are none. This will likely result in confusion.
2.	The requirement for the CA to confirm that the Applicant has not been the victim of multiple Takeover Attacks is still present in section 4.2.2. I’m not sure we need a reference to that requirement in another section.

I’m partial to removing the clause entirely. However, if the group agrees that it should be retained, then I think at the very least the language needs to be modified to no longer imply that there are (non-existent) requirements in the current section.

Thanks,

Corey

  _____