[Cscwg-public] NetSec version in CSBR references

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Tue Nov 14 12:07:40 UTC 2023

On 6/11/2023 9:08 μ.μ., Bruce Morton via Cscwg-public wrote:

> Can we remove the version number for the NetSec requirements as listed
> in CSBR section 1.6.3? I think our goal should be to meet the latest
> version of the NetSec requirements. CAs which want to monitor or stay
> ahead of the NetSec requirement changes, can join the NetSec Working
> Group.

While I understand the challenges of having to meet potentially two
different versions of the NetSec depending on the type of certificates
offered, I am more scared of the compliance and audit obligations by
directly pointing to a version-less NetSec document.

Just like we point to a specific version of the EV Guidelines, for
consistency reasons I think we should point to a specific version of the
NetSec until we revisit our position (policy) towards this problem for
both external references.

Dimitris.