[Cscwg-public] [EXTERNAL] [Servercert-wg] SC-XXX: Modify Subscriber Agreement and Terms of Use

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Wed Aug 16 13:00:45 UTC 2023

I agree with Bruce, and I think we might also want to synchronize the effective dates.  Many customers have a variety of kinds of certificates included in the same contract, and having two different sets of terminology for the same legal document involved in the same contract would be really confusing.  “Party B agrees to abide by document X, which is called either the Subscriber Agreement or Terms of Service depending on whether a TLS certificate is being issued or not …”

If we’re going to do this (and I have no idea what our legal thinks of this proposal), we probably need to rip the bandaid off across all three groups simultaneously.

-Tim